Copyright © Half Past Monday: a Legal Thriller. All rights reserved.
Twitter Contest Rules:
1.The Twitter Contest by @mlerpenbeck is open to those who have followed, liked and shared the Twitter page for "Half Past Monday" (@mlerpenbeck) and is void where prohibited by law. The promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of @mlerpenbeck as final and binding as it relates to the content of this promotion.
3. Entries will be accepted daily, with a prize generated upon @mlerpenbeck tweeting a date a winner will be chosen. All entries for that prize drawing must be received by 11:59 pm EST on the night tweeted by @mlerpenbeck, however, any subsequent entries may be entered into the next drawing at @mlerpenbeck's discretion.
4. To enter @mlerpenbeck's Twitter Contest, retweet the most recent Twitter Contest tweet by @mlerpenbeck and follow @mlerpenbeck. Liking the contest tweet along with retweeting it and following @mlerpenbeck will generate an additional entry.
5. The Winner(s) of the contest (“Winner”) will receive a single copy of "Half Past Monday" by M. Erpenbeck shipped to them if in the United States. If winner is outside the United States, Winner will receive a single Kindle version of "Half Past Monday". Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission @mlerpenbeck to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. @mlerpenbeck is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
6. Odds: The odds of winning a Twitter Contest depend on the number of eligible entries.
7. Winner of Twitter Contests will be selected by random drawing and will be notified by congratulatory tweet by @mlerpenbeck. @mlerpenbeck shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within 2 days from the time award tweet was generated, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in the Twitter Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT @MLERPENBECK'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE TWITTER CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. By accepting the prize in the Twitter Contest, you understand and agree that @mlerpenbeck, anyone acting on behalf of @mlerpenbeck, and @mlerpenbeck's licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. @mlerpenbeck reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Twitter Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond @mlerpenbeck’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Twitter Contest. @mlerpenbeck has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Twitter Contest, and to void submissions for any reason. @mlerpenbeck reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control. @mlerpenbeck has the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, and any such changes shall be effective immediately upon their being posed online. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Twitter Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless @mlerpenbeck and respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, prize partners, agents and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Twitter Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, printers or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Twitter Contest or the processing of registrations and game plays; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Twitter Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to $1 and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Twitter Contest entry, if it is possible. If the Twitter Contest, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth herein to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. The Twitter Contests by @mlerpenbeck are GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF ARIZONA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in the Twitter Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Twitter Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located within Maricopa County Arizona and having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees. Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. By entering this contest, entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
12. All winners will be notified via tweet by @mlerpenbeck.
13. @mlerpenbeck is not responsible for entries not received for whatever reason.
14. Any Twitter Contest by @mlerpenbeck is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or any other Social Network.
15. No purchase necessary to enter.
Weekly Giveaway of Signed Copy on Author's Twitter Page
Follow @mlerpenbeck for automatic entry (& like or retweet for additional entries)
FREE! FREE! FREE!
FREE! FREE! FREE!